Everybody Loves Bob Marley!
Have you ever heard the song, “Everybody Loves Bob Marley?!” Well I know I do! How about you?! If you haven’t heard the song, be sure to listen to it at the bottom of the page! It is great!
You will come to find that I LOVE Bob Marley! I have always loved his music and the words he spoke (and sang). You can see my love for Bob Marley even more here, with my business, OneLove Resolutions. If I could meet one person who is no longer on Earth, I am pretty 100% sure it would be Bob Marley. So, in honor of his birthday (Feb. 6th) I present you my 10 favorite quotes by Bob! There are SO many, so this was hard. I thought about doing my favorite songs of his, but man, that would be even more hard for me! So here you have it, my 10 favorite quotes!! Let me know which one is your favorite! (These are in NO particular order)
1. One Love. You can find this tattooed on my chest, as my email address, in my business name, and just everywhere in my life. This is a simple saying and a great song as well. However, I love imagining a world where we are once again working together for a common purpose of good. Lately the world has let me down and I feel like One Love could never possibly exist again. However, thankfully there are little things here and there that make me believe “One Love, One heart, Let’s get together and feel all right,” still exists.
2. I love this quote because it makes you think. It makes look at yourself and really examine who you are. It is simple, really. We are people who make things so hard sometimes. But this quote by Bob Marley shows how easy it really is. Ask yourself, “are you satisfied with the life you’re living?” It is a YES or NO question. If the answer is YES, great. Why? What can you do to continue this in your life? If the answer is NO, how can you change things?
3. Just a quick reminder to be REAL! Don’t be fake. You can fake it for a little. You can fake it for some. But it will NOT last. The true you will come to light sooner or later. In the end, we should all strive to be REAL!
4. Bob Marley certainly has said some wise and amazing things to say about women. There are so many great quotes. I love this one because it does different things. For one, it reminds women of their worth. To remember that you are worthy. It also reminds men of the worth of women. And for everyone, it reminds you to not be afraid to find and fall in love. Yes, sometimes it causes pain, but the right love will come at the right time. You just have to be willing, open, and patient to love.
5. What a great reminder. Especially for entrepreneurs. No matter how you inquired your wealth, whether born into wealth or you forged your own path to wealth, none of it will matter if you don’t use it for positive. I love this quote because as a business woman, yes, of course I would love to become wealthy. However, part of that reason is because there is so much good in this world I want to do. I want to be able to give back. Spread positivity.
6. Again, so simple, but something we can easily forget. I love this reminder to just “Love the life you live, live the life you love!” If you are not loving your life, you need to reexamine your life and see how you can make a change for the better. You are the only one capable of creating your true happiness.
7. Another great quote about women and relationships. The full quote reads, “You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before, she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She’s not perfect – you aren’t either, & the two of you may never be perfect together. But if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, & admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her & give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break; her heart. So don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze & don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you made, & miss her when she’s not there.” I believe this goes both ways. But yes, be grateful, show appreciation, show love, and be happy with the one you choose to love. Don’t let love forget these things. We as humans (okay well, most of us) don’t need much. But to be appreciated, loved, praised, and missed, that is something we all want.
8. Great motivational quote. “Wake Up and Live” people! And forget about those that cause you pain, upset, trouble, etc. I think these days, we refer to getting rid of the “toxic” people in our lives and the “toxic” lifestyle choices in our lives. Do this and you will really be able to live the life you love!
9. Love this song. Love the quote. A great way of saying that only YOU can make the calls in your life. We are the only ones that can free ourselves. We are the only ones who can get past our fears. We are the only ones that can make a change. It is in you to make the life you want and no one else.
10. Probably my most favorite quote! We can all be so quick to judge. We may say that we don’t judge, but let’s not lie. In some way, we have all been guilty of judging others. But as Bob Marley reminds us, if we are going to judge, make sure you can make that judgement. None of us should be judging anyone, as our hands will never be clean. So let’s support each other. Raise each other up. Praise each other. Instead of judging!
Don’t forget to listen to the awesome song by Macka B, “Everybody Loves Bob Marley!”